Visit https://www.seattletraffic.org/ for more information on the Seattle Squeeze
Fremont’s Community Engagement Coordinator sends this heads-up:
It’s time to get ready for Chapter 3 of the #SeattleSqueeze, the period through 2024 where private and public construction projects put pressure on our transportation system, changing how we all get around. There are several transformative transportation adjustments happening this fall and winter.
Be informed and prepared for:
- Connect 2020: Weekend LINK closures in downtown Seattle on October 26-27 and November 9-10 to prepare for a 10-week period of major light rail service impacts beginning in January 2020.
- The start of tolling in the SR 99 tunnel on November 9.
- Read about other traffic and construction impacts, including 520 closures; ongoing impacts related to Alaskan Way Viaduct demolition ; the start of construction of the new Alaskan Way on the Waterfront, and the Fairview Avenue Bridge closure, which started September 23 and will last for up to 18 months while crews rebuild the aging, wooden structure on seattle.gov/traffic.
Here’s what you can do:
- Plan Ahead: Give yourself extra time to reach your destination and look for ways that you can shift the hours you commute or shift the modes of transportation you use. The changes you make have an impact on our whole transportation system!
- Spread the Word: Please distribute the information in this email with your employees, constituents, community members, or other key stakeholders.
- Request a Briefing: Our staff may be able to come speak with you and your key stakeholder groups to provide the latest information on the Seattle Squeeze, answer questions, and provide resources. Please provide the date, time, and location of the event when requesting a briefing!
- Learn More: Please visit the webpages listed above or seattle.gov/traffic for more information and reach out to us with further questions or comments.
Please see translated materials at seattle.gov/traffic. Email Danielle.Friedman@seattle.gov to request materials or a briefing.
Thank you for your continued coordination and support during the #SeattleSqueeze!
Thomas C Whittemore Community Engagement Coordinator
Office: 206.684-4096 Cell: 206.396-2788 seattle.gov/neighborhoods