Weigh in on Seattle 2035. Several community meetings are planned–the closest to Fremont will be Nov. 5 in Ballard and Nov. 14 at North Seattle Community College–highlighted in red below. The comment period ends Nov. 20. Here’s the full invitation with links to more information:
You’re Invited to a Seattle 2035 Open House
The Department of Planning and Development is hosting five upcoming community meetings to solicit public comment on the Draft City of Seattle Comprehensive Plan. The meetings will include open house displays and a presentation to provide a broad overview of the Draft Plan, and will highlight major changes. We will also gather feedback on urban village expansion areas, especially areas near the meeting locations. Since the plan includes policies about affordable housing that will be implemented as part of the City’s proposed Housing Affordability and Livability Agenda, there will be information and an opportunity for feedback at these meetings.
Open House Dates and Locations
- October 19, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. (presentation at 6:30 p.m.)
Miller Community Center (multipurpose room)
330 19th Ave E. (Google Map)
- November 5, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. (presentation at 6:30 p.m.)
Leif Erikson Hall
2245 NW 57th St. (Google Map)
- November 7, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.(presentation at 10:00 a.m.)
Filipino Community Center (ballroom)
5740 MLK Jr Way S. (Google Map)
- November 12, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. (presentation at 6:30 p.m.)
Senior Center of West Seattle (Hatten Hall)
4217 SW Oregon St. (Google Map)
- November 14, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.(presentation at 10:00 a.m.)
North Seattle College (Old Cafeteria)
9600 College Way N. (Google Map)
What is in the Draft Plan?
- Goals and policies to help achieve our vision for Seattle’s future. We are expected to grow by 120,000 residents and 115,000 jobs in the coming 20 years, so this document is how we plan to manage that growth.
- A new Future Land Use Map, showing a pattern of growth that supports the City’s vision.
We are extending the comment period through Friday, November 20.
Here’s what you can do to join the conversation about Seattle’s future:
- Attend one of the community meetings in October or November
- Read the Draft Plan Summary and check out the Draft Plan
- Join the Seattle 2035 Online Community Conversation and discuss the potential pros and cons of proposed policies with other Seattleites
- Follow Seattle 2035 on Facebook and Twitter
- Send comments by November 20, 2015:
- Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail comments to the City of Seattle Department of Planning and Development, Attn: Seattle 2035, 700 5th Avenue, Suite 2000, PO Box 34019, Seattle WA 98124-4019.
Your comments will help inform the Mayor’s Recommended Plan, which will be released in early 2016.
We hope to see you at one of our open houses. Thank you for taking the time to participate in this process.