SAVE THE DATE! Fremont Neighborhood Council Annual Meeting Featuring Special Guest Seattle City Councilmember Mike O’Brien, representing District 6 Monday, April 24, 2017, 7:00pm – 8:30pm at Doric Lodge, 619 N. 36th Street (half-block east of the Lenin Statue)
You’re invited to the Fremont Neighborhood Council Annual Meeting for 2017 featuring Fremont resident Councilmember Mike O’Brien, Board Elections and updates on neighborhood projects and initiatives, such as FNC’s support for BF Day’s playground improvements.
Councilmember O’Brien represents a large portion of Fremont and is the Chair of the Seattle City Council’s Sustainability and Transportation Committee. In his seven years on City Council, Mike has advocated for environmental and social justice causes including work to:
- ban plastic bags,
- create a public financing system for local elections,
- give Uber drivers the right to collective bargaining,
- create stable living options for people living in vehicles* and without shelter,
- find alternatives to incarceration for young people, and
- prevent Shell Oil from establishing their Arctic drilling fleet in Seattle.