FREMONT SIPHON PROJECT UPDATE – October 22, 2015
2nd Ave. NW closed while crews continue work on City of Seattle CSO pipe
Access to NW Canal Street from 2nd Ave. NW will be closed into November. Crews will be connecting the new City of Seattle Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) drain pipe to the existing city sewer system, which runs under 2nd Ave. NW.
Local traffic and deliveries can access the alley north of NW Canal St. through the parking lot just west of 123 NW 36th St. Burke-Gilman Trail users should follow the trail detour just south of the normal trail to get around the Fremont Canal Park work area safely (see map) .
What to expect
- Work from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays
- Increased noise and activity at site
- 2nd Ave. NW closed to all traffic
- Two-way traffic, limited parking on NW Canal Street between 2nd Ave. NW and 1st Ave. NW
- Access to the alley behind NW Canal St.available through the parking lot west of 123 NW 36th St.
- Burke-Gilman Trail shifted south just east of 2nd Ave. NW
- Trail users should access the trail and Fremont Canal Park from 3rd Ave. NW or 1st Ave. NW
- More trucks on roads near site
Stay Safe! Please avoid the project area and sidewalks on 36th Ave NW next to the project area. Please do not engage individuals working at the site. Community members can ask questions or share concerns about the project 24 hours a day by calling the project information line: 206-205-5428. 2015_1022_2ndAveClosure.pdf For more information call the 24-hour project information line: 206-205-5428 Visit: www.kingcounty.gov/fremontsiphon Email:email@example.com