Join us: Fremont Neighborhood Council Meeting , Monday, June 22, 2015, 7-8:30pm, Doric Temple, 619 N. 36th St.
- 7pm Introductions
- 7:05 Announcements/Upcoming Events
- 7:10 Presentation: Troll’s Knoll P-Patch Presenter Kara Sweidel will provide a brief overview of this project and gauge interest of the members of the Fremont Neighborhood Council for supporting efforts in the Troll’s Knoll P-Patch.
- 7:15 Discussion/Presentation/Q&A: Should the Fremont Neighborhood Council become a 501(c)3 non-profit organization? The Fremont Neighborhood Council has been a part of the Fremont community for nearly 40 years. We advocate for neighborhood residents, support community projects, and communicate with local government on behalf of the neighborhood. With a 501(c)3 designation, we could more easily receive contributions from individuals, foundations, and corporations. However, becoming a federally-recognized entity requires an increased level of organizational scrutiny, compliance, and possible organizational changes. What are the pros and cons of making this change in the short and long term?
- Our discussion will include a brief presentation and Q&A with Alissa Haslam of Progressive Alliance of Washington. Alissa has over 10 years of experience in the non-profit field in funding, fundraising, program development, and board development with organizations large and small. She currently serves on the boards of two local 501(c)3 organizations, Legal Voice and the Washington Bus.
- Resources: Starting an NPO – Five tips–and a warning (Idealist.org)
- IRS Eases Application for Tax-Exempt Status (NPQ)
- IRS Instructions for form 1023EZ (IRS.gov)
- Things a US-based non-profit must (and must not) do (Idealist.org)
- Lobbying (IRS.gov)
- Fundraising 101 (Idealist.org)
- 7:45 Discussion: Expanding FNC’s participation in Utility Box program
- 8:00 Discussion: Developing Fremont Design Guidelines
- 8:15 Other Business/Committee Reports
- 8:25 Treasurer’s Report/Minutes Approval
- 8:30 Adjourn
NEXT MEETING: Monday, July 27, 2015, 7 pm, Doric Temple, 619 N. 36th St.
Join/Renew your membership with the Fremont Neighborhood Council You can now renew your membership online at www.fremontneighborhoodcouncil.org. It’s quick and easy, please take a moment and show your support for your neighborhood!
3518 Fremont Ave. N, #111, Seattle, WA 98103 Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 Fremont Neighborhood Council Meeting Schedule Meetings are held the 4th Monday of the month from 7-8:30pm at the Doric Temple, 619 N. 36th St., unless otherwise noted.
- July 27
- August 24
- September 28
- October 26
- November 23
- December – No meeting
Have a proposed agenda item? Send it to Stephanie Pure at email@example.com. Please note that it’s helpful to provide an agenda item at about two weeks ahead of the posting date. We can often squeeze things in, but on occasion, agendas can fill up quickly.