Seattle Department of Transportation is planning changes on N 34th St. between Fremont N. and Stone Way N. and seeks your input on the plan. They write: “As part of our mission to improve transportation safety and connectivity in the Fremont community we are continuing our work on a N 34th Mobility Improvements plan to enhance safety while maintaining freight access and commuter travel on N 34th St between Fremont Ave N and Stone Way N.
Attend the SDOT drop-in session for all community members to learn more about the project, next Tuesday, January 23rd at Fremont Brewing from 4:30-6:00 PM. share your feedback on their survey: www.surveymonkey.com/r/N34Mobility. Stay tuned for SDOT at an upcoming Fremont Neighborhood Council meeting also.
“In October, we went door-to-door to local businesses to discuss upcoming transportation investments planned for your neighborhood. After gathering input and incorporating recommendations from citywide modal plans and traffic data, we are ready to share our preliminary street design concepts to enhance safety for all modes on N 34th St.
“We are excited to work with the community to come up with a design that works for people using all modes of transportation along N 34th Ave. We will host a drop-in session for all community members to learn more about the project, next Tuesday, January 23rd at Fremont Brewing from 4:30-6:00 PM. Also, please review the proposed design concepts and share your feedback via our survey: www.surveymonkey.com/r/N34Mobility. Please feel free to spread the word! Pease let me know if you have any questions or if you would like us to attend one of your meetings. I look forward to hearing from you, and seeing many community members next Tuesday.
“Thank you, Jason Fialkoff, PE, Senior Civil Engineer, Project Development , City of Seattle Department of Transportation O: 206.684.4617 | N34Mobility@seattle.gov ”
According to SDOT, This project will:
- enhance safety by upgrading the existing bike lane
- maintain freight accesss to support Seattle’s demand for goods and services
- provide a comfortable and predictable bike connection between the Fremont Bridge and the Burke-Gilman Trail
Possible elements of the project include:
- maintaining a travel lane in each direction on N 34th St between Fremont Ave N and Stone Way N
- preserving existing on-street parking and load zones
- upgrading bike lanes to include a buffer with white plastic posts
- enhancing safety at the intersections of Fremont Ave N, Troll Ave N, and Stone Way N