Your Fremont Neighborhood Council (FNC) helps you make Fremont, the “Center of the Universe,” even better! Join us. Neighborhood residents just like you, we organize community meetings and forums, attend public hearings, confer with City and County officials, support neighbors who take on special projects, and much more.
In 2018 your FNC acted:
MHA: Joined SCALE to challenge a faulty EIS on Mandatory Housing Affordability (MHA) upzones proposed by the city. Monitored and spoke up for Fremont residents’ concerns. dvocated for a stronger tree ordinance and historic preservation
On Fremont homeless encampments: Held public forums where we could hear from residents, agency representatives, the unhoused, local business owners, and others to learn more about the issues and possible solutions, and consider FNC action in 2019 for equitable solutions for housed and unhoused alike
For sensible building design: Advocated for a sensible and safe design for the 3959 Fremont Ave. N. apartment project. Worked with the city and developers on Fremont land use projects to improve their design and minimize negative impacts
For getting around safely: We supported public safety and transportation including the N. 34th mobility project
Offered Community forums: Sponsored public presentations for the community from SDOT and on Lake Washington Rowing Club dock access and the Ship Canal Water Quality Project
For Art and murals: Sponsored and supported stewardship of our wonderful neighborhood murals, including the 46th Street and Bridge Way murals under Aurora N and the Utility Box Art Project that you see around the neighborhood (see photo above)
For Better parks: Supported and responded to plans for the Ernst Park addition and the Trolls Knoll Park and P-Patch, and supported community efforts to maintain the Helen Tapp Memorial Bench
For Greenways and bikes: Monitored and provided input on the bike lanes and greenways that impact Fremont, and the Burke-Gilman trail missing link
Join or renew — Online: https://fremontneighborhoodcouncil.org/get-involved/join-us/.
By mail: Send check payable to FNC to:
Fremont Neighborhood Council
3518 Fremont Ave. N., #111
Seattle, WA 98103
Voting membership is open to residents of Fremont between 8th Ave NW & Stone Way N, and from the Ship Canal to N 50th St. Others are welcome to join us as member-observers. Memberships are counted on an annual basis, with dues paid every year in January.
ANNUAL DUES (through January 2019):
$25/Household (two votes for members)
City: _______________ Zip:_____________
Email (additional household member, if applicable)
Mailing List Promise: The FNC will not sell or distribute
your name, address, phone, or email information. This information will be used only by the FNC
to inform you about information and news of interest to Fremont.
COMMITTEES & PROJECTS – Join or suggest one you’d like to create
We thrive on your good ideas and readiness to take action.
There is plenty of room on our committees for new members. Just bring your enthusiasm and whatever time you have!
- Land Use & Transportation – Help us find ways to make land use and transportation better in Fremont. Monitor important construction, zoning and environmental impacts.Promote and monitor transportation and traffic issues.
- Parks and Open Spaces – Encourage stewardship and development of open space and public art
- Public Safety – Look for opportunities to make Fremont safer. Monitor public safety issues in Fremont. Work with the Community Police Team and others.
- Communications – Are you good with websites or social media? Help us stay in touch with our FNC membership to keep everybody informed and engaged.
- Membership – Help us grow our FNC membership – there’s lots of room to grow. Prepare our annual renewal letter, maintain membership database, update materials, etc..
- Lake Union District Council – We need members to be the voice of FNC and represent us, as the District Councils reorganize following a city decision to cut ties with the District Councils.
Council meets the
fourth Monday of each month at the Doric Lodge 92, 619 N. 36th Street at 7:00
pm. In 2019 we meet on:
- January 28 2019
- February 25
- March 25
- April 22 (Annual General Meeting, Officer Election)
- May 20 (Third Monday; 27th is Memorial Day)
- June 24 (Fremont Fair June 22-23)
- July 22
- August 26
- September 23 (Fall Equinox)
- October 28
- November 25
- No meeting in December 2019