In 2014 the Fremont Neighborhood Council took on a number of projects, including:
- Supported neighborhood efforts for increased pedestrian safety on Fremont Avenue, N 39th, and Stone Way N—improvements have been made on Stone Way and will be made on Fremont Avenue in 2015
- Pressed successfully for restoration of the awning at Fremont Ave. and N 34th so bus riders again have protection from the rain
- Provided input on the Fremont Siphon Replacement Project design, proposed artwork and construction impacts
- Monitored several land use projects in the area and pressed for improved designs
- Monitored and provided input on proposals for changes in public transportation impacting Fremont
- Supported stewardship of neighborhood murals, including the 46th Street and Bridge Way murals under Aurora
- Began a review of the Fremont Neighborhood Plan
For 2015, these committees and projects are in the works. Sign up for one, or propose a project of your own.
- Land Use – Monitor important construction, zoning and environmental impacts as development in Fremont continues
- Transportation – Promote and monitor transportation and traffic issues as population increases and the City restores Metro funding through Seattle’s self-taxation
- Communications – Maintain FNC communications on website and other media
- Parks – Ernst Park, next to the Fremont Library, is funded for expansion into the currently empty lot next door and FNC input into design will be important
- Lake Union District Council – Represent FNC at larger District Council
Fremont Neighborhood Council meets the fourth Monday of each month at the Doric Lodge 92, 619 N. 36th Street at 7:00 pm. In 2015 we meet on: January 26, , February 23, March 23, April 27 (Annual General Meeting), May 18 (One week early due to Memorial Day), June 22, July 27, August 24, September 28, October 26, November 23. No December meeting.
Join or renew Visit: https://fremontneighborhoodcouncil.org/get-involved/join-us/ to join or renew on line or for mailing address. Voting membership is open to residents of Fremont between 8th Ave NW & Stone Way N, and from the Ship Canal to 50th St. Others are welcome to join us as member-observers. Memberships are counted on an annual basis, with dues paid every year in January.
ANNUAL DUES (through January 2016):
- $20/Household (two votes for members)
- $7/Senior-Low Income