Nominations are now being accepted for Board of Directors for the Fremont Arts Council. Nominations will be accepted until February 19th, next Tuesday. Below is a list of desired qualifications and duties. Please submit your letter of intention for a seat on the FAC Board to: Board@Fremontartscouncil.org Nominations will remain open until the election at the March 12th COW meeting.
Board members must agree to commit to:
- Two (2) years service on the Board.
- Attendance monthly Board meetings (12/yr.) and at least ½ of the
- COW meetings (6/yr.)
- Facilitate 1-2 COW meetings a year, by planning the agenda and lead
- the meeting.
- Chair leadership of either a FAC event or Board Standing Committee.
Qualities and Skills needed by FAC Board members:
- MUST HAVE: Positive, proactive, and passionate attitude for the
- MUST HAVE: Willingness to try new things and take on miscellaneous
- tasks as they arise for the organization.
- MUST: Be a member of the organization. Have at least 2-3 years of
- participation in FAC events and activities.
- WE NEED: Fundraising experience.
- WE NEED: Grant Writing experience.
- WE NEED: Book keeping or database management experience.
- Previous or current participation on the Board of a Non-profit
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience with Public art; Celebration arts; or are a producing
- Connections with youth organizations, schools, or other arts
- Experience in business management.
If you feel that now is the time to step-up your contributions to this fun, creative, and community building organization, and you possess some of the qualities and skills we need, WE NEED YOU! If you have any questions about being a member of the FAC Board, or about the organization, you may send these questions to: Board@ fremontartscouncil.org
Please submit a letter of intention and relevant biography to: Board@fremontartscouncil.org .
If you are already a member of the FAC Yahoo list serve, you may publish your bio and letter directly to the list. To become a member of the FAC Yahoo Listserve group, please send an email to: email@example.com Our moderators will activate your membership.
All current members will receive a voting ballot by e-mail. Members may also attend the March COW meeting and submit a ballot. *In order to vote you must be a current member as of February 12th*, so if you have not already renewed or become a member, please do so now by going to http://myfremont.org/ http://myfremont.org/>