HALA will occupy a prominent place on the agenda of the next Fremont Neighborhood Council meeting on Monday, February 27, 2017, 7-8:30pm at Doric Temple, 619 N. 36th St. BF Day will present an update on Phase II of their playground improvements. The full agenda includes:
- February 27 @6:30p, the City of Seattle Department of Construction & Inspections will host a public meeting at Good Shepherd Center on Design/Review of the proposal to build at 900 N 34th St, Project # 3024100. More info here. Also, the Final Design Review Recommendation meeting for Project 3019441; 4201 Stone Way N, is Feb. 27th, at Good Shepard Center, room 202, 8:00 p.m.
- [NOTE: we think it unfortunate that Design/Review meetings involving projects in Fremont fall on our pre-announced monthly meeting night. LJC, website editor]
- City of Seattle looking for applicants for their new Community Involvement Commission. Deadline March 1.
- Neighborhood Matching Fund (NMF) Workshop being held March 1, University Heights – Room 209 (5031 University Way NE), 6:00pm – 7:30pm. To RSVP call 206-733-9916.
- Your Voice, Your Choice: Parks & Streets: Now all ages will have the opportunity to decide how to spend $2,000,000 of the City’s budget on small-scale physical improvement projects in Seattle’s parks and streets. Have an idea for a project? You can submit your ideas now.
7:10 Housing and Livability Agenda (HALA) – The FNC will discuss the next steps with the HALA process and FNC’s thoughts about the proposal and what FNC would like to communicate to the City. Read more on the FNC’s work on HALA here. (What is HALA? See the City’s HALA page here.)
7:45 B.F. Day Elementary Playground Improvements – Fremont neighbor and landscape architect Vinita Sidhu, joined by a group of parents, will update us on the second phase of improvements to B.F. Day’s playground. They will be informing us about the project and how we can be involved and provide input. Sign-up sheet and flyers will be available.
8:00 Neighborhood Project Updates/Other Business
8:20 Committee Reports
8:25 Treasurer’s Report/ Minutes Approval
NEXT MEETING: Monday, March 27, 2017 Have a proposed agenda item? Send it to Stephanie Pure at email@example.com . Please note that it’s helpful to provide an agenda item at about two weeks ahead of the posting date. We can often squeeze things in, but on occasion, agendas can fill up quickly.
Join/Renew your membership with the Fremont Neighborhood Council You can now renew your membership online at www.fremontneighborhoodcouncil.org . It’s quick and easy, please take a moment and show your support for your neighborhood!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org