Beginning the morning of this Saturday, April 26 at 4:00 a.m. through Monday, April 28 at 5:00 a.m., the intersection of 5th Ave. N and Mercer St. will be partially closed to traffic and Market St/ N 46th will close 7 a.m. on Saturday, May 3 to 7 p.m. on Sunday, May 4 and again on Saturday, May 10 at 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, May 11. Announcements with detour details below:
1 ) Paving on Market Street next two weekends –SEATTLE— The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) will close NW Market Street/N 46th Street from Third Avenue NW to Phinney Avenue the next two weekends while department crews replace worn concrete panels in the roadway. The closures will be from 7 a.m. on Saturday, May 3 to 7 p.m. on Sunday, May 4 and again on Saturday, May 10 at 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, May 11. The detour route to the nearest arterials will be as follows: Eastbound travelers will go to Third Avenue NW, then to Leary Way NW, and then up N 39th Street to Phinney Avenue N. Westbound motorists will be encouraged to take Fremont Avenue N to N 39th Street and then down to Leary Way. Westbound traffic can also take Phinney Avenue N to Greenwood Avenue N then N 85th Street (Truck Route). There will be local access through this area for folks who live here. Contact: Peg Nielsen, Communications Office, 206.684.8114
2) Beginning the morning of this Saturday, April 26 at 4:00 a.m. through Monday, April 28 at 5:00 a.m., the intersection of 5th Ave. N and Mercer St. will be partially closed to traffic to accommodate roadway excavation and preparatory work for concrete paving. During the closure:
- Travelers heading east on Mercer St. towards I-5 will be detoured onto southbound 5th Ave. N to Harrison St. to eastbound Broad St. to reconnect with Mercer St.
- Southbound 5th Ave. N will be fully closed to traffic between Roy and Mercer streets. Travelers heading south on 5th Ave. N will be detoured to westbound Roy St. and 4th Ave N in order to reconnect with 5th Ave N via eastbound Mercer St.
- Northbound 5th Ave. N will be fully closed to traffic between Republican and Roy streets. Travelers heading north on 5th Ave. N will be detoured at Republican St. to continue north on 4th Ave. N toward Seattle Center and the Queen Anne neighborhood.
- Local access to businesses and properties will be maintained at all times.
- Pedestrians will be detoured and advanced signage will be posted.
- Travelers heading toward Queen Anne and Seattle Center from I-5 and Downtown should use westbound Broad St., Denny Way, and northbound 1st Ave. N as an alternate route.
- Mercer St between Taylor Ave. N and I-5, Broad St., Dexter Ave. N, and SR 99 will remain open during the weekend work. Please note that the I-5 on- and off-ramps at Mercer St will be intermittently closed between 11:00 p.m. Saturday, April 26 through 7:00 a.m. Sunday, April 27 for WSDOT road maintenance work.
Please note that work is weather dependent and may be cancelled and rescheduled for later dates if inclement weather occurs.
Early warning signs will be available in advance of all detours. More information about alternate routes during construction may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.
Contacts and Information
If you have comments or questions about the Mercer Corridor Project, please contact us at:
Project Construction Information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 24-hour Construction Hotline: (206) 419-5818
For more information about project purpose, benefits, and other information, visit our website at www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercerinfo.htm. If you need this information translated, please call (206) 733-9990. Si necesita traducir esta información al español, llame al (206) 733-9990.
Mercer Corridor Project Manager