The organizers of the Biggest Loser Run Walk wrote to let us in Fremont know of their half-marathon in Lower Fremont October 13:
Hello! I am the local race director working with The Biggest Loser Run Walk which is taking place in your neighborhood on October 13th. The event is a half marathon, 5K and kids dash that start and finish at Gasworks. I would love to work with you to reduce impact and allow for an easy event on everyone’s behalf.
Attached is a letter explaining the impact on the neighborhood. [Scroll down for letter below] And here is a link to the proposed route. http://www.walkjogrun.net/routes/current_route.cfm?rid=5EA1A249-AED1-88B4-96471D15D7DDDBE9
We will only be closing one street, N Northlake Way between Gasworks and the Burke Gilman access on Stone Way N. All other streets will be impacted with possible delays but will remain open for vehicles.
We would love your help getting the word out to residents and businesses. If you have a list of addresses we can send this letter to that would be most helpful. Or, if you have a means of distribution that would be great as well.
Please let me know if I can answer any questions about this event. We hope it will be a great way of bringing the community together and showcasing what we think is the best the city has to offer. I look forward to working with you.
Ilana Balint, Race Director, Run for Good Racing Co. 206-330-5967
NOTIFICATION OF SPECIAL EVENT THAT MAY IMPACT YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
September 5, 2013
Dear Lake Union Resident or Business:
On October 13, our organization, Biggest Loser Run Walk, will be producing a special event in the Lake Unions neighborhood called Biggest Loser Run Walk.
The Lake Union Neighborhood has been chosen as the location for this event by Biggest Loser because it showcases Seattle in the best possible way, impressing both locals and out of Towner’s with the beauty of Seattle.
The Biggest Loser Run Walk is a half marathon, 5K and kids dash which encourages first timers to get active, healthy and moving. This event is backed by the hit NBC show by the same name and is organized by two former contestants who turned their lives around by changing their eating and exercise habits and want to spread that knowledge to everyone. The run will start and finish at Gasworks park. Please see the attached course map.
We are working together with the City of Seattle Special Events Committee and to minimize the impacts that will be felt during the event.
There are several issues to be aware of:
- Vehicle access and parking on the course will be limited during the event.
- Our event may affect access to your business or home.
- Individual business needs are very important to us and we will work with you to resolve any scheduling conflicts.
- There will be an emergency access action plan in place for any unexpected vehicle activity.
- We expect between 1500-2500 attendees.
- The following streets will be closed and not accessible to vehicle and/or pedestrian traffic between the hours of 9:00am through 1:00pm on October 13, 2013 with rolling street closures:
N Northlake Way
- The following streets will not be closed but there will be lanes of traffic closed and access may be delayed:
N 34th St
Fairview Ave N
Fairview Ave E
E Roanoke St
Yale Terrace E
E Hamlin St
Furhman Ave E
NE 40th St
- We will also have amplified music during the hours of October 13, 2013 from 8:30am – 1:00pm
You should expect some impact due to vehicle parking of attendees.
- Please let us know if you have any special access or delivery needs during the time of the event.
For businesses located in this area:
Please sign this letter of notification acknowledgement and return it to us via email, mail, or fax, no later than September 22.
Signature Print Name Business Name Address Date
For surrounding businesses or residents: if you have comments that you’d like to make about any impacts this event will have on your home or business, please email our organization and the City of Seattle Special Events Committee at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org