Watch out for runners:
IMPACT YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD 2015_10K Neighborhood Notification Letter
Dear Community Member:
The. Included on this day will be a 10k Run/Walk event as well as a 1-mile Kids Fun Run. This year’s summer 10K Race will start and end at Gas Works Park and will use the Burke-Gilman Trail, as well as Fremont and Wallingford streets. These neighborhoods have been home to the Seattle Marathon Association for years, and we feel that this location will showcase the beauty that Seattle has to offer.
The start time for the 10k Race is 8:00 a.m. and will utilize the streets listed below.
Street Section Start Time End Time
- N Northlake Way (E/B lane) from Gas Works Park to 34th & Stone Way 8:00am 8:15pm
- 8th Ave NW (N/B lane) from NW 43rd St to NW Bright St and
Leary Way (S/B lane) from Bright to 3rd Ave NW 8:10am 9:10am
- 34th St (E/B lane) from Stone Way to 4th 8:15am 9:40am
- Crosswalk on N Northlake Way at Meridian 8:30am 10:00am
These street sections will be detained beginning 30 minutes prior to when runners will arrive.
During the race, traffic will be allowed on cross-streets as the flow in runners allows.
We will have a course marshal positioned at every driveway along the course, ensuring that drivers will be able to proceed safely in between groups of runners.
The Kids Fun Run is held entirely around Gas Works Park and no streets will be used.
We are working together with the City of Seattle Special Events Committee to minimize the impacts that will be felt during the event. Please be aware of the following details:
- We expect between 900 – 1200 attendees on Race day.
- Vehicle access and parking on the course will be limited during the event. Please expect some impact due to vehicle parking of attendees.
- Our event may affect access to your business or home.
- There will be an emergency access action plan in place for any unexpected vehicle activity.
- There will be amplified sound at the start line at Gas Works Park from 7:15am – 8:00am and from 8:35am – 11:00am. This sound will consist mostly of announcements and some music. Noise variance permits have been secured.
- Individual business needs are very important to us and we will work with you to resolve any scheduling conflicts.
- Please let us know if you have any special access or delivery needs during the time of the event.
For residents and businesses located in this area: We would appreciate your acknowledgement of our upcoming event in one of the following ways by August 15, 2014:
- Reply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that you have received this notification.
- Sign and return the attached letter via email, mail, or fax (see our contact info below).
If anyone in your area is interested in participating or volunteering in the race, additional information can be found by visiting www.seattlemarathon.org.
For surrounding businesses or residents: if you have comments that you’d like to make about any impacts this event will have on your home or business, please email our organization and the City of Seattle Special Events Committee at:
Louise Long, Executive Director Chris Swenson, Chair
Seattle Marathon Association City of Seattle Special Events Office
PO Box 31849 PO Box 94708
Seattle, WA 98013 Seattle, WA 98124
Fax: 425.671.0135 Fax: 206-684-7025