Fremont MLK Day of Service ~ Make it a day on, not a day off!
“Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Jan. 21, 2013 10am- 4pm Doric Temple, 619 N 36th St., Fremont
- Assemble Hygiene packets for disaster victims!
- Educate yourself on Emergency Preparedness!
- Win fabulous MLK Day prizes!
Hear Keynote Speaker- Commissioner Franklin Donahoe, Washington State Commission on African American Affairs
Watch Rev. Dr. Judith Gay’spresentation on Mission to Haiti.
10 am- Coffee and cider for volunteers as they come in to the Doric dining hall.
10am-12 noon-Volunteers put together disaster hygiene packets with assistance from Fremont Baptist Church members.
10am-12 noon-Community Service Forum with tables for representatives from Fremont organizations to talk to public about ways to serve the community and give brochures out Participating Groups
- Fremont Baptist Church
- B.F. Day School
- Doric Lodge #92- Emergency Preparedness table
- Fremont Chamber of Commerce
- Fremont Neighborhood Council
- The Hallows Church
12 noon-Free Lunch/Potluck
1:30 pm- Speakers and Presentations- upstairs in Lodge room
- WB Ralph Weathers- Master of Ceremonies
- Keynote Speech
- Prize drawings- MLK Day of Service t-shirts, bags and emergency preparedness kits
2:30pm-4pm MLK Day of Service DVD showing Rev. Judy Gay – Haiti Mission Trip Slide Show.