Minutes – April 28, 2003

MINUTES

FREMONT NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL

April 28, 2003

BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT:  April Thanos, Alan Younker, Dic Selin, Jenny Eichwald, Benjamin Grossman, Norma Jones, John Ryan, George Heideman, Julie DeBroux.

Minutes approved for 3/24/03 as amended  – added motion to give $250 for paint for mural on Bridge Way.

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS – June 21-22 is the Fremont Fair

Norma advised there was a meeting with the mayor about the planning process for S. Lake Union – they are ignoring they are ignoring the previous neighborhood plans.

TREASURER’S REPORT:  As of 4/25 we have 57 members.  Probably not having an all Fremont mailing has reduced numbers. Benjamin suggested giving some of our time-limited funds to the Coop non-profit to disperse. There will be a very complete treasurer’s report for annual meeting. Notice for annual meeting to go to all those who have been member and hopefully soon we will have an all-Fremont mailing.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

LAND USE – none

GUERILLA GARDENING – It is happening this Sat – May 3rd from 9-12 at the powerhouse.

COMMUNITY CENTER – none

OPEN-SPACE – There is a meeting Tuesday 7pm at History House for Fremont Park. Andy has replace Kathy Tuttle for the city. May 8 they are starting planning to design the Fremont Peak Park and open house will be starting on Saturdays.

COMMUNICATONS – Benjamin will send Alan a copy of the card from a previous annual meeting notice.

BICYCLE ROUTES – Bids for construction of the Ballard leg of the Burke Gilman Trail are going out – so it could be started soon.  John Ryan is now Vice-Chair of the Mayor’s bike committee. He mentioned a brochure – Discover Hidden Fremont.

TRANSPORTATION – none – we need someone to head this committee

AFFORDABLE HOUSING – April to ask Sue Cary about the need for a letter to the City Council – if it is required we will email draft to board members.

PUBLIC SAFETY – Pete has been in SF – but has been meeting with bar owners, then will meet with police and neighbors.

ZOO – They are meeting, but nothing has happened which impacts us yet.

MEMBERSHIP – none

Annual Meeting

                There is no nominating committee. The following slate have agreed to run for offices:

President               Benjamin Grossman

Vice President       George Heideman

Treasurer               April Thanos

Secretary               Norma Jones

April agreed to make signs for the meeting and it was agreed to ask Starbucks for coffee, PCC for treats, Fred Meyer for a fruit tray and Market time for drinks, cups and napkins.

OLD BUSINESS:

LUDC – Judy Nicastro will be there next Monday.

Fremont Works – Not enough people showed for a meeting.

NEW BUSINESS:

Joan Johnson from the Library announced they are having an open house of the architect designs on June 3 from 4-7pm.

Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm.